Monday, October 26, 2009

The Word on Work-Online.org

Some time ago, I joined work-online.org upon a fellow blogger's referral. It sounded like an okay site. They pay you to write "stories" (essentially keyword articles - 400 words minimum, btw) and they pay you 25 pence for each one while you haven't completed 100 stories. Go over the 100 count and they pay you 50 pence per story. Go over 300 and they pay you 75 pence per story. Once you have 500 stories under your belt, they pay you a whopping pound (a quid! gah! about 77 php for 400 words!) for each one. That's really not a lot, but to justify going for this rate (since I usually get paid by local publications 1k+ php for a 500-word article)- um, my understanding is that you can write about anything so long as you include the necessary keywords. Research isn't necessary (or bugging an expert to quote in your article). You get opps in bulk. You can eke out 400 words in 3 mins without the usual writing standards you adhere to. I was just waiting for the right time to start trying this site out when I came across this discussion in MyLot. This person has earned about 65 pounds and has yet to be paid. She said she'd contacted the admin a few times and she always just got assured that she would be paid, except that there has been no follow through just yet. She said she'd update us if and when she gets paid, but no word from her yet. I think I'll wait before writing anything. I'm definitely not referring anybody yet. If the word on the (cyber) street remains bad, I'll ditch it with no regrets.

No comments: