Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where Do You Go to Learn How to Chill

I just scored another writing assignment. I know it's a blessing and yet I always panic when this happens. I know I can do it and I'm certain that I can do it well. However, I'm a dork, so I fuss and fret. I do not thrive on pressure at all. I always rise to the occasion, but without the necessary jovial spirit or grace. This doesn't reflect in the end product. It does affect my personal life though. For instance, I have yet to clean up and I was not able to prepare a decent breakfast for my family. The thing is, I have 7 days. The other thing is, I was always the person who submitted things days ahead of the deadline. I like getting assignments out of the way (no cramming for me) because while they're there, my stress levels get all whack. So yeah, I do give myself unnecessary stress. Will I ever learn how to chill and just take on things in a calm and collected manner? Which reminds me. I'll be out tomorrow and the entire weekend. Remembering this has me palpitating like some would-be victim in a horror movie. Oh Lord, please give me grace.

No comments: