Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pointless Writing

I'm writing a story. I suppose it's a novella. Scratch that. I'm writing a series of really funny, witty dialogues. My intention was for them to lead to a certain point. As of now, the actual point is still missing, which makes the endeavor... I wouldn't exactly call it pointless, but close. The thing is I've already spent a lot of time on it and I don't want to just give it up. And what I've got so far is really funny (according to me), so since I tend to be attached to funny things, well, this work (if it can be called that) is not to be abandoned. I guess what I'm trying to say is I need to sit my tush down and come up with a writing process that works for me, that has me generating actual publishable drivel and not just a bunch of silly dialogues that may have myself and my sister in stitches, but are essentially POINTLESS. Gah, WAHMIvy, go get some actual work done!

No comments: