Sunday, June 22, 2008

What Do I Know about SEO?

Seriously, not much. I've written articles about it and while I can understand the logic behind them, it does not mean that I can easily carry the steps out.
I can write keyword articles, of course. That's mostly what I've been doing for the past two years. That should be something I could do for my blogs, right? It just never occurs to me to do so. If I mention WAHM several times in one of my posts, that's just pure coincidence. And the thing is, keyWORD usually does not work. It has to be an actual phrase. For instance, I should write a post with "WAHM opportunities" several times - at least once in the introductory paragraph and once in the conclusion and then scatter it some more every fifty words or so.
Then there's link exchange. I've done it some with my other blog, but it's more out of friendship than an actual calculated SEO move.
I can count on the fingers of one hand the forums I participate in, although I do take advantage of the siggy line, so, uh, you can pat me on the head and go "good girl" on that one.
I do not give away freebies because I've been meaning to ship a couple of things to several people for some time now and I haven't gotten around to doing it. That spells trouble for my Freebie Friday idea.
Um, I'm scared to submit to directories. It's blogging inferiority complex. I don't think mine are worthy, lol.
The other things like social networking, bookmarking, emailing - um, kinda lots of work and too much of a commitment, so ...
So, in effect, it all boils down to lack of commitment and laziness?
But, you know, if it gets to be a tighter squeeze around here financially, I can easily fall into serious blogging mode. I have been know to rise the occasion.
Whatever.
I think this may just be an aimless little post. Break up the survey streak.

2 comments:

Debbie Out Loud said...

Well, you might not be using all of your ideas, but I plan to steal some of them! LOL! Thanks for the tips.

spinninglovelydays said...

Glad you were able to get something from the post and you're welcome :)