Thursday, July 10, 2008

Post For Pay

I'm one of those bloggers who occasionally publish a paid post. I've got a disclosure badge and everything ;-p. For this blog, I currently have dNeero, which simply requires publishing surveys, but soon I'll be adding this blog to my account with PayPerPost and SocialSpark (I'm just building up my number of hits and establishing some sort of presence - this is a relatively new blog after all. And the number of opps you qualify for largely rely on your blog's ranking, of course). So far, I've only been using my personal blog for those. I actually also have an account with Blogvertise and Smorty, but after two opps from Blogvertise, I stopped receiving emails from them. I have yet to get an opp from Smorty although it did accept my application. I've only just joined Smorty, so it's early days yet. However, with the other three, I got an opp right away, even if just to promote their site (still paid though). I've so far refrained from joining other blog-for-money sites because of experience with these two, so I can say that PayPerPost and SocialSpark have been of the most service to me. I've already had more than ten opps from PayPerPost and four from SocialSpark, which is newer (both are under IZEA), but the social networking there is great.
Now, I'm not sure if it was the disclosure badge that did it or the increasing number of paid posts, but I've been getting requests from companies to write a promotional post for them and these indie gigs actually pay much better (understandably since you don't have an "agent"). Of course, they come sporadically, so it's better to be affiliated with an actual site.
I haven't been maximizing my blogs' potential to earn, but if I did, I think they can add considerably to my WAHM income. Again, one of these days. ;-)

No comments: