Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WAHM Stress

If you go over to my personal blog, you'll understand why it has been a while since I updated this blog. Anyway, I had been stressing over deadlines the past couple of weeks and my daughter, who has been blessed with the sixth sense to discern when I really need to rush work, has consistently been unconsciously sabotaging my WAHM system. I had been going ultrasonic over this on my husband when he sat me down and said, "Where is this stress coming from?"
"Deadlines, not being able to work, DEADLINES!!!" I was already speaking in staccato screeches at this point, a true stress symptom in my case.
"What's gonna happen if you don't meet the deadline?" He calmly inquired.
I paused to think. How easy was it to ask for an extension? Very easy. But "People will think I'm not efficient. I NEVER miss deadlines. I'm not THAT KIND of person."
Husband took me by the shoulders and gave a slight shake. "You.have.got.to.get.over.being.a.dork!"
Sigh. That came from somebody who almost wasn't allowed to march in his high school graduation because he had yet to submit one more project. I hadn't met him yet at that time, but I bet he didn't care one bit. I bet he went around laughing it off while his mom and sister stressed over it. How we ended up together and happy I'll never really understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog on the WAHM blog exchange link. I like your site and added it to mine. Please feel free to check mine out and see if you want to add it to your list. Thanks!