Saturday, July 5, 2008

Schmay-Per-Click

Have you ever tried bothering with those pay-per-whatever programs? I confess to having tried it. Marguerite was just a few months old and I had a gig writing CMS manuals for this web design company. When I got bored with the sheer tediousness of manual writing, I would start clicking away at the banners on these sites I had signed up with. Seemed like easy, brain-dead money, but all those clicks and you haven't even built up a dumb cent yet, so I thought forget it. However, I found a program that offered an actual complete cent per click or read, so I considered it. Those bux options (moneybux, clickbux, cashbux...) didn't have a lot of banners or emails, but since they offered a clear cent for each click, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give them a try. I was a few months into it, just mindlessly clicking away and building up a whopping $5 in my account bank ($5 is $5 added to my PayPal account; I wouldn't knock it.) when it occurred to me that I wasn't certain what the minimum payout was. Those zillion-clicks-per-cent sites were transparent about the payout amount and I had assumed these bux sites would be the same, but, nope, couldn't find the information I was looking for. I sent a message to their customer service re this simple and singular matter, but, nada. Then I followed up on that message about three more time, the last one saying that I was already marking their emails as spam, and zilch from them. So that's my sad little pay-per-scam story.
However, that was me. I was foolish so I got burnt. This person seems to have a handle on legitimate pay-per-whatever sites, so if you want recommendation, I think he knows what he's talking about.;-p

No comments: