Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Healthy Combo of Relief and Worry

This is an interesting time. I read in one of my Sue Grafton books (the one where Kinsey Millhone just got fired from California Fidelity or whatever the name was of the insurance company she had worked for) that you cannot help but feel some kind of relief when you are fired (or when a relationship ends, for that matter). I haven't been fired, but I did lose one of my regular gigs. This company ended its contract (I believe with no preamble) with the person who assigns writing gigs to me (right before Thanksgiving too, nice), so my contract with the company ended too. The truth is that I do feel some relief from having broken ties with them. A good chunk of my WAHM stress comes from that gig since it's a regular thing fraught with deadlines. However, I'm also thinking I need to replace that gig with something that pays as much or even better. Like I said, this is an interesting time.

No comments: