Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WAH Risks

Here we go again. The risk in freelance WAH. Anyway, hopefully it's really just a delay. I did work for somebody and upon submitting the completed assignment, I didn't hear from the client anymore. It has been more than two days. I have yet to be paid fully for it. This reminds me of two previous clients. One was just always late when it came to payment (oh but how very stringent about deadlines - really, the gall of some people). I had to remind him to pay me every time. I worked for him for a couple of months and then I decided that I didn't need the aggravation. One time, he even said to me that his track record with me should give me enough confidence or something to that effect, the nerve. And then there was this other client. I didn't hear from her for a long time. I really thought I had been scammed, and then a friend of hers contacted us (we were an entire team) and said that she was in an accident. I did get paid eventually, but, oh the stress of worrying about having been scammed. The money part is actually just secondary. What really bugs is the possibility that I had been fooled. Anyway, hopefully, it's not a repeat of either of those situations.

No comments: