Saturday, August 9, 2008

System, Structure, Method... So Me

I need to have a better system. I have a deadline for a story coming up and I've had the outline for months, but haven't had the time to actually start writing. I found out about this writing contest and I'm interested in joining, but that means giving up my few minutes of just sitting doing nothing. I need to work in my hours correctly. I need to organize my working schedule. I need to spend better quality time with Marguerite. Lately, it's mostly been just hanging. Hanging's good, but I worry about doing it too much. I need to come up with parenting topics for my newspaper gig. Except that writing articles will eat up more of my story-writing time and I've got deadlines for those (several for this month). Even with work, even with Marguerite time, even with the lack of sleep, the days are still falling short of how productive I think they should be. Garrrr, system, schedule, structure, method, order... Or I should just blog or read blogs less. Gosh, the idea!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I can completely relate to your post. I work ful time as a paralegal and work part time as a freelance writer. I want to do freelance writing full time and I try to juggle my time with it. Yet somehow my time is pulled because of being a parent to my 13 son (I am a glorified taxi driver) and wife, etc, etc. The fun never ends.
Erin

Anonymous said...

The goal is to be a full time at home writer because I miss spending my time with my son. You are lucky you get to stay at home with your child. I miss a lot of things that he does.
Erin

spinninglovelydays said...

Thanks for stopping by, Erin. :)