Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WAHM Offline

You know how some people believe that the internet is the antichrist, or at least its very instrument? They even have some mathematical equation proving this (actually, the math thing also linked bill gates' name, the word computer, and several other words to the antichrist... so I think it should all be taken with a grain of salt). Anyway, if this is the case, then I'm in trouble because teh internets, it's got a pretty strong hold on me now. It's gotten so I'm like some sort of addict needing a fix (and you go, "That's exactly what you are").
Our connection went berserk over the weekend as it usually does when our area is hit by even just a rumor of a typhoon. Naturally, I was a tad more than mildly upset as I couldn't work (also I wanted to watch videos of Aaron Peirsol, heehee). What does a WAHM do when she can't go online? Actually, lots. I've got stories to write and craft projects to finish and oh yeah, there's my daughter too who happens to be the reason why I'm Wahmming in the first place (I better not mention "Cats in the Cradle" again; that didn't go down well with a reader before, lol). So with lots of other things to do, how can I justify donning the irate customer suit and being put on hold endlessly by customer service reps? Yeah, so a few days passed and our connection was awry and then when we finally had somebody scheduled to check out our antenna or whatchamacallit, the connection became fine again.
Only no story got written or craft project done, but I think I may have taken a long nap one time and bonded with Marguerite the other time... So this no-internet thing may have been a blessing in fact - just don't tell my connection provider I said so.;)

No comments: