Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Let Me Help You Open Your Husband's Bank Account

What's with the Ivory Coast (or some other nation in the area) scam? I've received multiple letters in the past months from widows or orphans whose departeds' bank accounts need opening and they want my help to do that. I didn't really read the emails thoroughly as they were in my junk box and I didn't want to waste my time reading spam. I think they're targeting Christian bloggers although I can't be sure. From the tone of the letters though, that seems to be the case. Anyway, I've already had several from a Susan Morgan and a Rebecca Williams (sorry if you happen to have the same name), so in case the persons behind them get to read this, don't send another letter my way. Waste of your precious time and effort.
It's interesting how people are so clever when it comes to thinking up ways to deceive others. I wonder why they don't focus their creativity, time, and efforts on legitimate work. Scams may be easy money, but not every one will be "successful". Why not just get a regular paying job? I guess scams do offer the slightest chance of getting rich. I wonder if some of these people are WAHMs. ("Oh my work is homebased."
What do you do? "I scam people online.")

No comments: