Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Life's Litte Ironies

May I vent a little? It's just infuriating how life can be so ironic. I've had a bothersome cough for more than a week now and it won't go away because I can't get any rest. It actually even worsened. Now, my nanny is a bit underwhelming and that's the nicest I can get. It's pretty much like not having a nanny at all. Anyway, yesterday, sick of being sick, I decided to really rest, just stay in bed and not put up with any kind of stress. Hard with a toddler around, but I was pretty determined. At least, until the nanny decided to slip in the laundry area wearing ridiculously slippery slippers and ended up taking the day off that I was hoping to take myself. Then I opened my email and found a queue of writing assignments. Well, it was definitely a hassling day, compounded by the irony of it all. Sometimes you feel like taking it personally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had a miserable cold for over a week now. Could not get anything done. Just starting to feel like myself. What's up with these bugs going around?!

spinninglovelydays said...

Probably an immunity thing. I find I tend to get sick when I'm stressed (as has been the case lately) :)